Monday, October 21, 2013

Jesse James Memorial


Jesse gave me a life filled with love, wisdom beyond a dogs capabilities, laughter, tears devotion and the beauty I found in his soft brown eyes, in short he gave me a new life. 


Jesse James, my little man, he changed my life from a high school teacher to a dog trainer. He gave me an understanding that not all aggressive dogs need to be put down. He assisted me in my most difficult dog cases as he understood other dogs better than any human could hope too and he was fearless. He started agility classes at age 12, after having two cruciate surgeries at age seven and eight. He was strong and kept up with the youngest in the classes. 

I thank Jesse for helping me grieve the loss of my golden retriever Winston at age seven and in helping to raise his companion - my golden retriever William. I thank Jesse for opening up a whole new world of friends at  the cocker spaniel adoption center. I thank Jesse, my little man, who was known by many names; "skeeter", "roo", "magoo" and "J" for just being Jesse. 

Since you have been gone we have honored your memory and life by adopting another cocker age 3 and his name is Jay. He is named after you. 

Goodbye Little Man run free with your brother Winston and watch over your "famiwee" until we can be together again. Jesse was adopted from Cocker Spaniel Adoption Center on March 5, 2000 and went to the rainbow bridge on January 25, 2012.

He will be loved forever

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! Jesse was a very lucky boy to have you. And he will love you forever, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse will always have a special place in my heart because he was so much like my Barney, also a CSAC rescue. You adopted Jesse around the same time as we adopted Barney, and they shared not only a striking physical resemblance but also some of the same behaviors. Barney left us for the Bridge in 2005, and the thought of Jesse and Barney running around and playing at the Bridge together makes me smile. You were his Angel, Roberta, and now he is yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete