Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eli's Happy Ending

Hi All-  This is Eli (Rocky) that we rescued in May of 2012. Sadly he suddenly lost vision in his remaining eye earlier this summer due to a retinal issue. He's doing fairly well (as are his humans) adapting to his new "challenge ".

This picture was taken at our lake where he enjoys visiting every chance he gets. He tries to climb into my husband's Suburban as we're packing it up, but its a bit too high for him given his current situation. (The fact that he's 9ish years old)

I won't say that having a special needs dog is easy all the time, but watching my kids and their friends (teenagers) show such compassion for Eli is truly heart warming. He's taught all of us that we don't have to be perfect to be lovable.  Fortunately his 2 fur buddies take it in stride that they get "nudged" around once in a while as Eli's maneuvering around.

We love Eli to pieces!!  He still manages to be my Velcro furry friend that's blobs himself down wherever I happen to land. Somethings will never change!!



Laura

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Rocky (Eli). He was one of my fosters and I was so happy when you and Bill decided to adopt him. He proved me right about how easy he was to fall in love with. A gentler soul I've yet to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember how you were so kind getting him through his surgery with his eye removal. He's still his sweet old self. Sleeps by the back door so he doesn't miss me coming in and still does a pretty good of finding me in the house. A true gem!!

    ReplyDelete