Thursday, December 9, 2021

Casey

In Memory of Casey

On November 7, 2021 our sweet boy Casey crossed over Rainbow Bridge to be with his brothers and sister. I will never, ever forget the first time I laid eyes on Casey. It truly was love at first sight, and he went home with me an hour later. While Casey could be a challenge to my sister, Tracy, he was never a challenge to me. I groomed Casey from the very beginning and other than nails, he was a dream. He loved to chase down the mailman from behind his fence or door, didn't like to give kisses, but gave the best hugs in the world.

My sister and I always called him Super Senior Special Secret Service Agent because he would guard the doorway of where one of us happened to be, no one was getting near us.  In his final days, existing with a very fast acting cancer, Casey seemed to know his days were coming to an end. On his final morning, on the way to the vet, I was in the back seat with him. He came over and put his head on my chest for almost a minute, then turned with his back to me and took his final breath. That little boy knew he was loved and he wanted to say thank you momma. I miss all of our precious CSAC alum but Casey holds a really, really special place in my heart, Rest well little man.

-The Winer-Connell Family


 

No comments:

Post a Comment