Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lacey's Happy Ending

Lacey (Left) is a dear, sweet little girl, who deserves a home, baggage and all! When we first agreed to foster Lacey, we thought it would be short term, and I admit to being very worried that I wouldn't have time to deal with all of her medical needs. I also worried that I would have a hard time getting someone to take care of her when we needed to go away. None of that ended up to be a problem, we have a routine each morning and evening to make sure she gets her insulin and eye drops, and my granddaughter, who has always been my dog sitter, was happy to learn to give Lacey her injections. Things have been going very smoothly, Lacey takes her insulin injections and her eye medications like a little trooper.  She is completely cooperative. Lacey made friends with our other dogs the very first night she was here, and made herself right at home.  You can see in the pictures that she and Chance are buddies. She is quiet, well mannered and calm, for the most part a couch potato. She always greets me enthusiastically when I come home, bouncing around with her little butt wiggling. She knows when it is time to eat, and at each meal time she is eager to show her dad where the food is kept! She has only been here about 6 weeks, but I can't imagine  her not being here!
-The Luzier Family

No comments:

Post a Comment