Wednesday, September 23, 2015

In Memory of Duke...

9 years ago I adopted a deaf cocker named Duke from CSAC. He was quite a handful LOL. He had been in and out of the kennel since being abandoned at I think about 6 months old. He was about 3 when I adopted him.

Duke has spent the last 9 years well loved and beyond spoiled. He battled 4 types of cancer, the most serious being lymphoma which he was treated for and went into remission. In the last few years he also lost his site to glaucoma. None the less, deaf, and blind he still carried on and was a happy boy. Duke finally succumbed to his last battle with cancer last week. He had bilateral lung tumors and we had to make the decision to let him go. In spite of his early troubles in life, illnesses, and behavioral issues, I have never loved anything more than my boy Duke. He was a blessing. My heart is broken, and I am no where near ready, but someday I will be back to CSAC for another blessing.

In loving memory of Duke.


- The Keen Family

No comments:

Post a Comment