Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Kobi

In Memory of Kobi

Kobi (14 yrs old) had a wonderful 5 1/2 years with us despite having a host of medical problems and spending a lot of time visiting the vet. We found out that the reason he kept having left ear infections was due to a tumor deep inside his left ear. He had the TECA procedure, total ear canal removal, and the ear infections never came back, and he felt much better. We also had that large lipoma on his chest removed, along with two benign tumors deep in the folds of his intestines. We gave him eye-drops, but he still had eye infections so we were also putting ABT ointment in his eyes every day, and he liked this because they made him feel better. He had put on some weight the first two years here so we put him on a diet. We took him to the park, and he loved just happily staring at the lake and birds for hours. We took him to the ER when he stopped eating, and they diagnosed him with a gastric ulcer. I felt in my gut there was a lot more going on there but treated him for that. I had to stay home full-time and that was great for Kobi because he loved me being home with him 24 hours a day. He always remained very frightened of being groomed since his ear being cut so we medicated him prior to grooming and that helped some. His last x-ray showed gross abnormality in his liver and spleen and so we decided it would be in Kobi's best interest not to put him through another major abdominal surgery. He felt extremely loved and pampered by everyone, especially his mommy, and we love him dearly. I pray he is happy and pain free running around with Rusty in Heaven. Please thank Doris, Susan and the whole CSAC crew for allowing us to be part of his life.

- The DeCicco Family



1 comment:

  1. The MOST AMAZING thing happened the night Kobi died. As I held his dead body in my arms and cried I suddenly yelled to my husband, OMG,OMG,!!!Do you feel that??OMG !!! IT's SO,SO,SO, STRONG!!The WHOLE Room suddenly filled with this intense feeling of LOVE !! I could not believe it!!...I thought it would quickly leave, but it calmed me down and stayed until i finally fell asleep and stopped crying---several HOURS later !!! My husband got a little scared standing in the bedroom door, he ran out of the room and did not come back. I had asked my brother, Danny, to come help Kobi cross over. I feel now that this was Kobi's way of showing his LOVE AND AFFECTION for us.! I also feel it may have been my brother letting me know he's got him.!!! After I woke up, it was completely gone. I am still amazed and grateful to God for that AWESOME experience !!!! Now my heart can rest easier because I know my sweet baby boy is pain free and happy in Heaven with my brother Danny and with Susan Laster, his foster mom that did so much for him. I found out just recently that Susan had passed away. That was great for Kobi, he went from one loving mommy to the next one, waiting for him already in heaven.!!

    ReplyDelete