Friday, August 14, 2015

Kyle's Happy Ending

We adopted Buddy (aka: Kyle) almost 6 months ago.  The cocker spaniel we had before adopting Buddy from CSAC was also rescued from an animal shelter.  Well, after losing my husband almost 4 years ago now and then losing our 12 year old dog in Oct. 2014. (4 months before we found Buddy), we just needed a dog really bad.  The 1st dog we met from your organization didn't work out and my adult son and I were really disappointed.  We really thought we were going back home with a dog that day.  Then I saw Buddy's picture and write-up and we just had to be the family that would rescue him. Well, when we went to meet Buddy at the kennel,  we did go home with a dog.   We went home with Kyle who is now Buddy.  We were so happy but knew it was just the beginning.  But it turned out to be a HAPPY BEGINNING.  Buddy adapted well with us from the start.  I needed him to be my "buddy".  That's why I decided to name him Buddy.  Well, he is my buddy for sure.  He is my porch buddy, my couch buddy, my sleeping buddy and my shadow.  Wherever I go at home, he goes and I mean everywhere.   And if I'm not home, he's constantly following my son..  As for my son, I am shocked because he has never been this close to a dog throughout his entire life.  Buddy already has touched our lives and hearts,  helped us through bad days and given us so much love and affection.  We just love him so much and we know he loves us too by his wagging tail and his awesome greeting at the door when we come home. We have learned his different barks - a mean bark when protecting us and his territory,  a bark with his tail wagging and he also has a howling bark.  He makes us laugh at his howling bark.  It is so cute.  We are  so thankful to CSAC for the awesome work they do finding homes for dogs and for allowing us to adopt Buddy and give him another beginning in our home.  HIS FOREVER HOME.

- The Peterson Family



No comments:

Post a Comment