Friday, August 14, 2015

Sparky's Happy Ending

Sammy, formerly Sparky, has been such a joy to have in my home.  Not sure if I saved him or he saved me as when I adopted him, I had just lost another rescue cocker spaniel to cancer.  He is very loving and craves petting from any human.  He is always wanting to meet other dogs when we encounter them on our walks.  The first thing he does when I get home from work and we have greeted each other is he hightails it to my bed and gets all comfy.  When he sleeps at night, of course, it is with me! 

We are working on our inside manners as he was rescued from a farm where he was just left outside and roamed freely.  But he loves to please me so is coming along very nicely.  He is really afraid of thunder storms and lightning.  When he senses a storm brewing in the distance, he is not a happy camper.  He can be quite stubborn at times when he decides that his way is better than mine.  As much as he is loving and a cuddler he is also a stinker!

As you can tell by his pictures, I am letting his hair grow.  He loves to be groomed and will stand perfectly still while I brush/comb him.  He is such a beautiful dog with a loving temperament.  He is very good with kids as well as cats, other dogs, adults, anyone he meets.  I feel so very lucky to have found Sammy and given the opportunity to adopt him.


- The Behn Family



No comments:

Post a Comment