Thursday, August 8, 2013


Princess Wobbie's Happy Ending


This is from Princess Wobbie (formerly Mindy), she was one of my puppy mill fosters.  She came to me scared of everything.  It took weeks to get her to do stairs.  She would only go outside if she ran past you with one of my dogs.  Sounds like she is finally adjusting to her new life.  She was adopted by a wonderful couple in Baltimore and has a feline brother, Milo, who showed her how to use the "doggie" door.


It has almost been a year since I came to live with these humans and I find
that it is nice here.  I stayed in my crate at night for about 8 months.  During
the day I was getting use to the "big house".  I found the kitchen right away
(thats where the food is).  I spent most of my time in the family room where my
crate was.  I felt safe there.  Gradually I joined the people in the dining room
(thats where their food is).  Then I realized it was nice to sit with the people
in the den, and then the living room.  I even followed Milo upstairs to the
bedroom (to see if there was food up there-LOL!).  As you can see I pretty much
have the run of the place.  The crate has been retired to the shed and I sleep
on mom's Mexican blanket (she really bought it for me).  We are still working on
my bathroom habits.  I'm 100% during the day but I don't like going out in the
dark at night.The cats out there can be mean.  I only like my yard when my
parents are with me and taking a walk around the neighborhood can be scary.  I
feel more relaxed if I can see what is going on in front of me and mom talks to
me along the way.  I even let mom give me loveies now and that man person is
growing on me.  He is very patient.  I have a new vet,  Dr. "Peanut butter". 
She knew right away how to win me over.  I have bad cocker ears but Dr. Peanut
butter knows just what to do.  These people must love me.  They even gave me a
"pet" name, Princess Woobie.  I like being a princess!!  I think I'll stay here. 
Say hi to Patch and all the other dogs. 

Have a Great Summer,
Princess Wobbie, a.k.a Mindy 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment