Wednesday, August 14, 2013

You may remember Angel, who came to us from a shelter and already had cancer when we got her. She has lost the battle with cancer, but these last few months surely proved she won the war. She went from unloved and dumped by people who didn't care for her to loved and pampered by her foster mommy in her final months. Below is a poem and a beautiful eulogy from foster mom Candi. Our hearts go out to you, Candi. We know how much pain you are feeling right now. There truly are angels among us.

By the time you read this, I will have reached my destination - over the rainbow. It was my time to fly and be free on the cancer that was taking over my physical being. Now I am free, leaping over the clouds, barking of my blessed eternal life. I will miss my foster mom and my foster canine family who became more than a foster home - they all became MY family, MY home and I love them all so dearly. My foster mom held me as she helped me cross over the bridge filled with much love so my Angel wings could soar high from the love I was given. Grieve not for me as I will watch over you all. Blessed be those who have touched my life, - CSAC for giving me a new lease on life and taking me under their wings of love, my foster mom for loving me so - and all of you - who do what you do for my canine friends - I hope in honor of my life - you will continue to assist those others who are in need - for it is you that speak for us! Bless you all, I will watch over you all, and watch out for diving butterflies - as it just may be me!



This poem below was written by my foster mom last night, August 12th - as she knew it would be soon - we spoke words unspoken and all was said....

Love, Angel


Fly Me Over The Rainbow

I know my time is drawing near
That's alright, I know no fear
Of what lies beyond the rainbow

I'm blessed you know as I know love
As sure as the air beneath wings of a dove
The way to the rainbow I will know

My life has meaning, a life worth living
I have angels like you with hearts that are giving
From above I will watch over you - below

Think not of sadness when I must go
Think all good thoughts so I can glow
In the bask of His light that He will show.

Continue your work here in this life
Continue your work thru all the strife
Thru your hearts, Angels will proceed to grow


You came to me in my time of need
Others are out there, please do heed
The cry of those who are burdened with woes

My wings will come to fly me above
Soaring high, wings beating solely from love
Flying me over the rainbow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment